Price: 240 $
Duration: 6 days
“Land of a thousand towers” as they poetically call Svaneti, is a special place even for the Georgians. Svaneti is separated from the rest of the world by high mountain ranges, had been inaccessible for civilization, and maintained its identity for centuries. That is why now trekking in Svaneti especially attracts tourists due to its uniqueness of architecture, local customs, ancient medieval monuments and extremely picturesque mountains. Moreover, the Upper Svaneti region is included in the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The route of climbing Laila, the main peak of Svaneti ridge, is technically not very complicated, but extremely stunning. On the top of the mountain the Main Caucasian Ridge and Mount Elbrus – the highest European peak are in full, spectacular view. And during all the descent from the pass Chidzhi one can enjoy the fascinating beauty of Ushba – “Matterhorn of the Caucasus”.
Despite the breathtaking scenery and the relative simplicity of the route, Laila remains not trammeled by hundreds of tourists. Because of the complexity of reaching to Svaneti it did not used to be very popular earlier, but nowadays more and more people want to have a look at this hospitable corner of Georgia. Therefore, it is a must to use a chance to visit the wonderful region of proud Svanetians until the crowds finally turn Svaneti into comfortable, infrastructural, but without its special spirit place.
Elevation per day – 2000 m
Elevation per day – about 400 m
After lunch, it is up to the group whether to stay and enjoy the scenery, or to descend to the Chidzhi Pass.
Elevation per day – about 600 m
At the request a vacation can be continued at the seaside near Anaklia.
More information about the equipment preparation:
Equipment for high-altitude climbing:
Personal mountain gear for climbing:
- How many things should I take for a tour?
- What is the stuff except personal items?
- How is accommodation, transport arranged during the tour?
- How is food arranged during the tour?
- What is the necessary experience and physical shape of the participants?
- Do I need to take a personal first aid kit?
- Is it possible that the weather does not allow climbing?
- What currency should I have?
- What souvenirs should I bring from Georgia?
- How much money do I need to take?
- Is it possible to change the program?